Volunteers are vital to CARE’s mission and the wellness of our animals. There are many ways to volunteer with CARE. Because we rely on volunteers to help us with nearly everything we do, reliability and commitment are very important to us. We invest time in training our volunteers to ensure a safe and meaningful experience, so we ask that our volunteers commit to at least 6 months of service, and hopefully longer.
Below are a few, but not all, of the opportunities to help this organization.
- Foster homes for dogs or cats – For any rescue or shelter this is always the top need.
- Fundraising Committee – This committee plans and executes many different fundraising events throughout the year and works to recognize our donors.
- Adoption Event Volunteers – These volunteers attend adoption events with CARE’s dog and cat foster caregivers. This can include answering questions, helping potential adopters fill out applications, or simply helping handle the dogs / cats at the events.
- PetSmart Volunteer – Volunteers meet at the PetSmart in Apex and are scheduled in the evenings and weekends to clean the cages, socialize the cats, and interact with potential adopters. Usually these are two-hour shifts.
- Marketing – Our marketing team creates graphics for all occasions and events, maintains our social media pages, and creates press releases and other media items.
- Education – This group educates children about pet responsibility by delivering programs in elementary schools, summer camps, and as part of 4H, Girl Scouts, YMCA, and other youth programs.
- Office Administration – CARE gets a lot of phone calls and emails. The organization is always looking for people to check phone messages or help answer emails. Making copies or putting together packets such as adoption packets is also helpful.
These are just a few of our many volunteer opportunities. Once you have completed the volunteer orientation, someone will contact you to discuss which of the volunteer opportunities would work for you.