There are lots of ways to give back to CARE! If you’ve adopted from CARE, or just want to support our mission, get involved today!
Gifts of cash allow us to direct your donations to the areas where we need them most. Click here to donate now.
CARE Wish List
As you can imagine, we go through a lot of supplies! You can help stock our shelves by donating our most needed items. We strive to provide the best nutrition possible by choosing high quality brands of food and treats. You can place donations in our donation bins at all Phydeaux locations and at Pittsboro Pet Supply, or Contact Us to make an in kind donation of food or supplies.
- Kitten food – canned and dry (Purina One, ProPlan, Chicken Soup for the Soul, or Fancy Feast)
- Puppy food – canned and dry (Taste of the Wild, Wellness, Canidae, or other high quality brands)
- Cat food – canned and dry (Purina One, ProPlan, or other high quality brands)
- Dog food – canned and dry (Taste of the Wild, Wellness, Canidae, or other high quality brands)
- Cat litter – unscented clumping litter or pine pelleted litter
- Dog toys – squeaky toys, Kong toys, puzzle toys, stuffing free toys
- Dog treats and chews– Kongs, antlers, bully sticks, hooves, biscuits, training treats
- Cat toys and treats – scratching posts, cat beds, Feliway, catnip toys, interactive toys, cat treats
- Gift cards from Pittsboro Pet Supply, Phydeaux, PetSmart, or Amazon
- Postage stamps
Our foster animals have picked out their favorite items and put them on our Amazon Wishlist, making it easy for you to donate the things we use every day. Send a foster pet a gift today by ordering through our Amazon Wishlist.
When you shop at AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to Chatham Animal Rescue and Education Inc. Use the link https://smile.amazon.com/ch/56-1587247 and support us every time you shop.
iGive automatically helps your favorite cause, every time you shop online, for free! The optional iGive Button is a simple web browser app, easy to install and uninstall. It automatically activates at participating stores. Don’t want the Button or an app? Just start your shopping trips by going to iGive.com (free account creation required). Shop normally (no special codes, no special anything) at any of about 2,100 stores. The Button is working in the background to let them know you’re helping when you shop. Check out igive.com for more information.
R City Rocks
Support CARE with your local purchases! Visit any Triangle area community partner, text your receipt photo to firstname.lastname@example.org, and CARE gets 20% of your purchase! More than 25 businesses participate including The Melting Pot, Papa Murphy’s, The Produce Box, The Butcher’s Market and Ruckus. To get started, text JOIN to email@example.com. Learn more about R City Rocks.
Not sure what you want for your birthday this year? Want to help out our foster pets on your special day (or any day)? Facebook makes it easy to ask your friends to help support a cause you love. Just create a post on Facebook about why CARE is important to you, click on the 3 little dots below your post, and click on “Support Nonprofit.” Type Chatham Animal Rescue in the fillable field, and then choose our organization name from the dropdown menu. That’s it! Any donations will be sent to CARE through Network for Good’s Donor Advised Fund.